Tuesday, January 27, 2009

I am "One Lucky Girl"

I’ve been thinking lately about how much I really do enjoy being a mom. Just to think that two years ago before Ben and Skylar came into my life, I was almost resigned to the fact that I would never have a child of my own. I struggled with my health and the thought that NO MAN would ever want a broken woman. The thought of having to adopt in the future and wondering if I could love a child that did not come from my body as much as I could a child of my own was very depressing and disheartening. Since meeting Ben and Skylar my troubles have pretty much completely gone away. I realize now that I do have a child and he might not have been from my tummy, he is still as much mine as I could ever imagine a “biological child” to be. I am no longer afraid of not being able to never experience the joy’s of being a mother because I am enjoying those joy’s now. Of coarse I would still like to carry a child in my own tummy, don’t think for one second that I don’t want more children (great now Ben is going to think that we don’t need to have more kids) because I very much do. I am slowly realizing just how much I have been blessed with in my life. Since marrying Ben and Skylar (yes, I married Skylar too, In my own mind at least) I have completely been healed of the cancer that was threatening my body and my doctors from wanting a hysterectomy, I have become a Wife to a man who does not think of me as broken, (at least I hope not) he is an incredible person and a great MAN, I now have the greatest honor of being a MOM to a wonderful, rambunctious little boy named Skylar. I now have huge reason’s to live and press forward in this great life in our great family. I know that I am kind of Cheesy but I don’t care, I am just proud of my family.



The picture on the left is by far one of my most favritist picture in the world of Skylar, he is saying "Ewwwe Gross, they just kissed and now they are hugging. YUCKY!!!!"
This a another important photo. Our family and we love eachother and Skylar just has to deal with kisses. (This is also the photo on my debit card.)

4 comments:

  1. I love this post!! As a mom of three non-biological children myself, I agree with everything you said.

    Btw - Skylar is honored to have you too! You are a great person.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guys are good together. Best little family ever !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, you have the best wedding picture of anyone I know. You three are very photogenic
    together and pho-tog guy was a great pic. Your Bridal pics have a story if you ever want to share.

    ReplyDelete